The spring and summer seasons will be here soon, and the Cemetery needs volunteers to help with tours and the appearance of our grounds.
No experience is required, but potential Old City Cemetery volunteers should have a love of history, historic preservation, or horticulture, and enjoy working with the public.
The Cemetery needs volunteers in the following areas who are able to share their time and talents:
- General history tours of the grounds
- Tour guides specializing in one particular area of the Cemetery
- Horticulture and garden tours
- Gravegardening on Wednesdays with a group, or “adopting” a plot (this is a seasonal activity, helping staff with outdoor gardening activities)
- Compost assistant
- Goat assistance: feeding, watering, and goat house cleaning on a weekly schedule
To become a new volunteer at Old City Cemetery, you must complete orientation and a training program to tramadol prepare you for your position.
New volunteers must attend orientation on one of the following days in the Cemetery Center located on the grounds of OCC:
Friday, February 26, 2016, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Saturday, February 27, 2016, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
For more information please contact Karen Bracco: (434) 847-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org